Where: Gilles Villeneuve track, Parc Jean-Drapeau
Date: Saturday, Septembre 30th, 2017
Times: 9:00 – 5:00pm
Deadline to register: Sunday, September 17, 2017
- An individual challenge is $ 50, with each participant aiming to raise $ 250 in donations to the Research Center at Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital for cell therapy research.
- For children from 6 to 12 years old, the registration fee is $ 20. Children can freely set a goal to donate.
- We also encourage you to create and / or join a team to complete the collection with the “sign up and form a team” and “Register and join a team” tabs.
- Please note that you can register individually and join a team afterwards.
- A couple of days before the event, you will receive all of the necessary information about the cycling challenge.
Tentative schedule for the day
*Note that you can decide to participate in one or multiple cycling activities during the day.
9:00: Arrival of participants, distribution of tracking chips and gifts, etc.
9:30: Welcoming speech
9:50: Opening tour. We invite you to take part in a first cycling lap together to launch the beginning of this memorable day.
10:00-4:00: The longest distance traveled during the day (calculated by the number of completed laps). Throughout the day you are asked to travel the longest distance which will be calculated based on the number of laps you have completed. Participants with the most laps will be declared the winners in their category. In the event that several participants finish together, all will be declared winners of the event.
10:00-4:00: Fastest turn
10:30-11:30: Events for children from 6 to 12 years old. Details to come.
10:30-12:00: 30 kilometers – Speed on track and speed per lap. For this event, you are invited to travel a distance of 30 kilometers (7 laps) as quickly as possible. Participants who have completed this distance in the shortest time, in their category, will be declared winners. The speed per lap will also be analyzed to identify the fastest participants in their category. The lap speed will be calculated from the start/finish line and will end at the same line. *It should be noted that it is prohibited for a cyclist to benefit from the protection against the wind of placing himself directly behind another cyclist.
1:00-2:00: Speed competition. Participants with the fastest speed in their category will win this event. More details will be provided at the event.
2:30-4:00: “Against the clock” by team. Greater speed at 20 km, teams of 4 (5 laps). The Team Time Contest will be calculated from the Start / Finish line and will end at the same line after 5 full laps. The stopwatch will start when the first member of the team crosses the starting line and will stop when the fourth member of the team passes the finish line. The teams that have made the fastest 20 kilometers in their category will be declared winners of this event. *The use of the drag air intake by placing itself behind another cyclist is permitted only between the members of the same team.
4:00-4:30: Award ceremony and closing remarks.